YOU AND I-Silk Ribbon Embroidery KIT
This lovely design is now available in kit form. An enjoyable project for all silk ribbon embroidery fans.
Embroidered by the talented Merlene Spies from Johannesburg, I just love the colours and the texture in this lovely piece.
Here are some close-up details:
The kit contains the following.
- The embroidery panel with the design printed onto pure cotton fabric. The size of the design is A3 size – 39 cm x 29.7 cm (15.35 inches x 11.69 inches) and it is printed on a larger cloth which will fit snugly in your hoop or frame.
- The threads. 13 skeins of six-strand cotton threads
- All the beautiful silk ribbons as follows: 28 packets of 7mm silk ribbon, 3 packets of 2mm silk ribbon, 11 packets of 4mm silk ribbon and 9 packets of 6mm organza ribbon –a total of 51 packets of ribbon. There will be a lot left over to use in other projects in the future.
- Two pages of instructions written by Merlene Spies, and 2 large pages of colour pictures with close-up detail to use as a guide.
- Stitch gallery
- all the needles that you will need for this project
- and thin cotton voile to use as a backing fabric.
The original artwork by the extremely talented Peter McGowan.