◕‿◕ A Lovely new kit for all creative and silk ribbon embroidery fans and it’s at a special price for now.
This gorgeous design (I have named it Happy Flowers) is licensed to Di van Niekerk by © Anne Cotterill’s family estate is now available in kit form. Embroidered by the super talented Karen Nell from Johannesburg, it’s just lovely!
The Primroses and Violets, Buttercups, Campions, Lady’s Smock, amongst others form such a happy picture, I am sure you will love making this one! The size of the panel is 9.5 cm x 13 cm ( 3.5 x 5 inches) a perfect size for a guest room, entrance hall, kitchen or as part of a gallery on your lounge wall. It will also make a popular gift for a special family member or friend!
Can you see the butterflies? The butterfly is Karen Nell’s signature, all her designs have these beautiful little butterflies. They are tiny! Less than 1 cm (3/8 “) wide ♥ too cute for words!
I love the dimension in this piece…
The kit contains
- the printed panel (on pure heirloom cotton) ready to embroider,
- the instructions, written by Karen Nell,
- the stitch guide,
- detailed colour pictures to guide you well.
- 4 kinds of needles
- water-soluble fabric with easy to follow instructions on how to make your own anti-fray agent
- White metallic thread and thin beading wire
- Green chiffon fabric for an interesting new technique
- woolly fibre
- backing fabric- a thin cotton voile
- Di van Niekerk’s pure silk ribbon, 2mm, 4mm,7mm,13mm x 15 packets in total
- six-strand Maxi Mouline or DMC cotton thread x 13 skeins
- plus 2 needle threaders.
Here are more close-up pictures…
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.