A Beautiful new kit in the best-selling Box Full of Lessons series:
Silk Ribbon Flowers on hand-felted backgrounds
A ROSE HANDBAG
Learn how to make gorgeous three-dimensional roses on a rich and textured hand-felted background.
The background is handmade from African wool and mohair and rich silk fibres have been added for lustrous effects.
Learn all the secrets of how to make a successful masterpiece using silk ribbon embroidery and stumpwork techniques.
Click on image to enlarge
An ideal kit for those who would love to create a three-dimensional nature scene with silk ribbon, thread, wool and other interesting fibres. Your handbag is sure to be a unique accessory for a special occasion!
This kit will teach you how to create life-like roses and stems, how to make beautiful leaves and sepals and a host of other tips and tricks — ideal for all those rose-lovers out there.
Size of the completed bag: 26 x 38 cm (10.23 x 15 inches) with long leather swing handles which you can adjust to suit your style.
Click on the image to enlarge
Included in the kit is the lesson which I have written step-by step with clear and detailed photographs to guide you all along the way.
The lesson (box Full of Lessons 11) is supplied on a CD for you to read on your computer or iPad or you could print the lesson in full colour to make a book. SKILL LEVEL: Beginner to advanced – everyone welcome
The sizeable kit contains:
1) Handmade (each piece is unique) felted background in rich shades of elegant green: 47 x 35 cm (18.5 x 13.77 inches)
2) A second handmade piece of green felt approximately 57 x 45 cm (22.44 x 17.72 inches) to form the outer (second) layer of the bag
3) Green or white organza fabric which will be the supporting fabric 47 x 47 cm (18.5 x 18.5 inches)
4) Round button covered with a matching felt
5) Piece of leather to make the loop for the button
6) Suede leather swing handles x 2
7) Metallic clip to close the bag
8) Suede-like fabric for the inside lining of the bag and the pockets
9) 6 x skeins of Rajmahal Art. Silk, DMC and Maxi Mouline cotton thread
10) 5 x coloured bamboo and woolly yarn
11) Card of gold metallic thread
12) Woolly fibre to form the shadows
13) Glass bugle beads
14) Blue and green quartz seed beads
15) 10 packets of Di van Niekerk’s hand-painted pure silk ribbons as follows:
2 x 7mm silk ribbon, 4 x 32mm silk ribbon, 4 x 13mm silk ribbon
16) Five different packs of needles
17) Step-by-step CD which contains Box full of lessons 11B
18) Colour pictures of the completed bag to guide you as you work.
Please note, this is the Box Full of Lessons series and it contains a CD with step-by-step instructions. If you have the felting book and do not need the CD, you can order the kit here.
Click on image to enlarge
PS. This kit would also make a lovely gift for someone special in your life ~ ♥ ~