A Beautiful new kit in the best-selling Box Full of Lessons series:
Silk Ribbon Flowers on hand-felted backgrounds
A ROSE SAMPLER
Learn how to make gorgeous three-dimensional roses on a rich and textured hand-felted background.
The background is handmade from African wool and mohair and rich silk fibres have been added for lustrous effects.
Learn all the secrets of how to make a successful masterpiece using silk ribbon embroidery and stumpwork techniques.
Click on image to enlarge
An ideal kit for those who would love to create a three-dimensional nature scene with silk ribbon, thread, wool and other interesting fibres. A piece which is sure to become a treasured family heirloom! Turn it into a cushion, use it as a cover for an album or memory box… or frame it to use as an interesting piece of art on your wall.
This kit will teach you how to create life-like roses and stems, how to make beautiful leaves and sepals and a host of other tips and tricks — ideal for all those rose-lovers out there!
Size of completed design: 25 x 34 cm (10 x 13.4 inches)
Included in the kit is the lesson which I have written step by step with clear and detailed photographs to guide you all along the way.
The lesson (box Full of Lessons 11) is supplied on a CD for you to read on your computer or iPad or you could print the lesson in full colour to make a book.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner to advanced – everyone welcome
The sizeable kit includes the “Felted Rose sampler” pattern in full colour.
1) Handmade (each piece is unique) felted background in rich shades of elegant green: 25 x 34 cm (10 x 13.4 inches)
2) Green or white organza fabric 47 x 47 cm (18.5 x 18.5 inches) which will be the supporting fabric
3) Felted silk for the stumpwork leaves
4) 5 skeins of Rajmahal Art. Silk and Maxi Mouline cotton thread
5) 2 x coloured bamboo yarn
6) 2 cards of metallic thread – gold and silver
7) Woolly fibre to form the shadows
8) Glass Bugle beads
9) 10 packets of Di van Niekerk’s hand-painted pure silk ribbons as follows: 1 x 7mm silk ribbon, 5 x 32mm silk ribbon, 4 x 13mm silk ribbon
10) Five different packs of needles
11) Step-by-step CD which contains Box full of lessons 11A: Silk Ribbon Roses on a hand-felted background.
12) Colour pictures of the completed piece to guide you as you work
Please note, this is the Box Full of Lessons series and it contains a CD with step-by-step instructions. If you have the felting book and do not need the CD, you can order the kit here.